Transfer Admissions

Transfer for other Universities and Colleges

A student with previous college work wishing to transfer to the University must satisfy University rules indicated below on admission of transfer students. There is no entrance test administered for transfer applicants.

A transfer applicant may be admitted provided that:

1. he earned at least 33 academic units with a general weighted average of 2.0 or better for all the collegiate academic units he has taken outside the University;

2. he will have to complete in the University not less than 50’ percent of the units required for his program and 75 percent if running with honors;

3. the quota set by the Dean of the college concerned has not been filled up.

Every new transfer applicant should submit the following requirements at least one month prior to registration:

1. an official copy of grades or transcript of records from each college attended for evaluation, regardless of his intention to validate his advanced credits;

2. an accomplished application form (UPMin Form 3);

3. two passport-size photographs;

4. letter of intent for transfer and certificate of good moral

If qualified, he should submit an official copy of his transcript of records, certificate of honorable dismissal and birth certificate before the admission slip can be issued. If credentials submitted are confirmed to be spurious, admission will be revoked.

Validation of Advanced Credits

An admitted undergraduate transfer student must validate all subjects he is offering for advanced credits at the rate of at least 18 units a semester from the date of his admission. His admission will be on a probationary basis until he shall have validated or repeated, in accordance with this rule on validation of courses, all subjects taken outside UP which are required for his program. The student. will not be allowed to enroll in a subject the prerequisites of which; taken elsewhere, have not. yet been validated, or repeated, as the case may be.

Application for advanced credit should ‘be made on the prescribed form to the Dean of the college where he has been admitted. Validating tests begin two weeks before the first day of registration at the opening of each semester and end one week after the last day of registration. There is no fee for validating’ tests during this period. A validating test may be held outside of this period with the consent of the department and approval of the Dean and upon payment of a required fee per subject.

A student transferring from any recognized institution who possesses an Associate in Arts or its equivalent of 66 units of work may be enrolled without validation. Before a student is allowed to major in any discipline, however, the major discipline may prescribe additional courses up to 18 units of general education courses and/ or preparatory courses for the major.

The grant of advanced credits for courses which are completed in other institutions, but which have no equivalent in this University, shall be left to the faculty of the unit concerned.

Advanced standing may also be granted by the University Registrar to students who graduated from an institution recognized by the University Council for subjects listed in the course or courses duly recognized. Advanced credit for work constituting only part of courses recognized by the Council shall be awarded by the department or division concerned in accordance with the above provisions on application for advanced credits.

Transfer Within UP in Mindanao (Shifting)

A student who has earned at least 30 collegiate academic units and wishes to transfer from one college to another should file at his current college an application for transfer. His application is referred to the accepting college together with his true copy of grades. If the action of the accepting college is favorable, the student gets a college clearance which he presents to the accepting college together with the permit to transfer and the true copy of grades.

Transfer Within UP

Students from another constituent university, who have earned at least 30 collegiate academic units, may be admitted as transfer students subject to the rules of the admitting college.

Lock full review 888 Bookmaker