BS Food Technology is a 4-year program that seeks to train students to be the prime movers of the food industry. The program focuses on providing students with appropriate knowledge, skills, and technique of the foundation courses of food technology in the interest of developing new food products, processes, and innovative food systems. Ultimately, graduates will be equipped with holistic understanding of food science and other disciplines to: ensure food safety and security; be able to define problems related to food systems, identify potential causes and solutions, and making innovative decisions and recommendations; to demonstrate skills in the evaluation and advocacy of food-related policies; and to develop socially, culturally and environmentally related food systems that promote equity and sustainability.
- FOOD INDUSTRY - as quality control officer, quality analyst officer, production managers, research and development staff, laboratory analyst, etc.
- EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS - as food technology teachers, trainors, etc.
- RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS - as laboratory analyst and researchers to develop novel products.
- BUSINESS - as entrepreneurs in individual or corporate enterprises.
- FOOD RELATED ESTABLISHMENTS - as technical sales person or manager of food processing equipment, food analyses equipment, food additives, etc.
- GOVERNMENT AGENCIES - involved in food safety monitoring, food standards, and policy/ regulations implementations
GENERAL CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY
College Chemistry I and II
Quantitative Inorganic Chemistry
MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
Algebra and Trigonometry
Analytic Geometry and Calculus I and II
Statistical Methods and Experimental Design
FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Sensory Evaluation of Foods
Food Chemistry I and II
Food Engineering I and II
Food Processing I and II
Methods of Food Research
Food Packaging and Shelf-life Evaluation
Food Laws and Regulation
Processing of Fruits and Vegetables
Principles and Practice in Food Processing Management
Principles and Practice in Food Processing Waste Management
PI 100, Life and works of Jose Rizal
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES (30 credits)
Math, Culture and Society (MATH 10)
Critical Perspectives in the Arts (ARTS 1)
Mindanao Studies (MinStud 1)
Ethics and Moral Reasoning in Everyday Life(Ethics 1)
Science, Technology and Society (STS 1)
Kasaysayan ng Pilipinas (KAS 1)
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT
updated: 18 August 2021