Harnessing the alumni network for UP Mindanao’s development
44th UP Regional Alumni Institute
The UP Mindanao Foundation Inc. (UPMFI) and UP Mindanao, in cooperation with the UP Alumni Association (UPAA) national and Davao chapter, organized the 44th UP Regional Alumni Institute (RAI) held on 22-23 November 2019 at Grand Regal Hotel, Davao City. The RAI theme was “Attaining inclusive and sustainable development in Mindanao through investment in UP Mindanao’s programs.”
Davao City mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio sent her welcome to the delegates through her representative Davao City planning officer Ivan Cortez. In his message, UP Alumni Association president and alumni regent Reynaldo Laserna recalled the alumni’s efforts towards the establishment of UP Mindanao. In turn, UP president Danilo Concepcion offered his vision for UP Mindanao: “Ano po ba ang balak natin sa Mindanao? Nahulí man ang Mindanao sa pagkakalikha nito―pang anim ata siya na campus na ating naitatag outside Diliman―ay sisiguruhin natin na ang UP Mindanao ay hahabol sa development at baka nga malampasan pa ng UP Mindanao ang ilan pang mga CU na naunang itinatag sa kanya.”
UP Mindanao chancellor Larry Digal presented UP Mindanao’s strategic plan, which focuses on three strategic themes: Molding Learners into Leaders, Transforming Insights into Impacts, and Building a Campus into a Community. These themes are translated into big-ticket projects by the university such as expanded academic offerings and the creation of the College of Human Kinetics, the College of Medicine, and the College of Engineering; strengthening R&D in the two streams of Mindanao arts and cultures and sustainable agri- and biosystems and the application of knowledge generated to public service and intellectual property utilization; and physical expansion of UP Mindanao’s campus into a “green university town” through the completion of the Davao City-UP Sports Complex and the establishment of a botanical garden, museums, and a science and technology park, just to name a few.
Philippine senator Juan Miguel Zubiri, Davao City congressman Isidro Ungab, and Department of Science and Technology secretary Fortunato de la Peña, representing President Rodrigo Duterte, led the legislative and executive branches of government in pledging their support to the expansion plan.
Other invited speakers to the RAI included UPAA director Robert Aranton, Department of Agriculture undersecretary Rodolfo Vicerra, former presidential adviser on the peace process Atty. Jesus Dureza, Department of Tourism undersecretary Arturo Boncato, and National Economic Development Authority assistant secretary Merceditas Sombilla.
The speakers were joined by panelists Mindanao Development Authority director Reyzaldy Tan who represented their chairperson Emmanuel Piñol, Davao City planning officer Ivan Cortez, former UP Los Baños chancellor Dr. Luis Rey Velasco, and UPMFI vice chairperson John Gaisano.
In his closing remarks, UP Regent Angelo Jimenez highlighted the strategic advantages of Mindanao. "If you look at the larger picture, we see that Mindanao is in the heart of Southeast Asia and Oceania with its diplomatic and commercial advantages, which why we need to have a strong presence in education," he said.
Joining the 250 alumni and UP and UPAA officials who attended the RAI were distinguished guests such as Deputy Consul-General Duokun Tang of the People’s Republic of China consulate, DA undersecretary Evelyn Laviña, and Board of Investments governor Napoleon Concepcion.
UP Mindanao was involved in the Mindanao earthquake response through its Task Force on the Mindanao Earthquake Response and Ugnayan ng Pahinungód:
• 03 November, Ugnayan ng Pahinungód made the Call for Donations for Earthquake Victims; a conduit for cash donations was opened on 8 November
• 06 November, the UP Mindanao Task Force on Mindanao Earthquake Response was created, chaired by Pahinungód OIC Michael Gatela
• 08-09 November, the Task Force assisted the UP NIGS and UP RI science team visit to Makilala, Cotabato province
• 13 November, it helped UP RI, UP Vanguard make arrangements in Makilala in preparation for the arrival of tents donated by SOS Attitude, with assistance from alumni in the region
• 16 November, donations of assorted relief items were turned over to alumni of Cotabato province
• 19 November, facilitation of the arrival of Pahinungód psychosocial and medical teams from UP Cebu, UP Visayas, and UP Manila; and orientation by professor emeritus Elizabeth Ventura
• 20-21 November, delivery of assorted donations and provision of psychosocial services to adults in Santos Land evacuation site, Makilala
• 27 November, UP Mindanao gives training-workshop on psychosocial services for guidance counselors and health professionals from Davao City partner-schools, with professor Ventura as resource person
• 04 December, students and staff donate gifts of toys for children of Makilala at the UP Mindanao Christmas Pa-ilaw celebration
• 06-07 December, purchasing and packing of gift items and transport to Makilala; distribution to 300 children in Santos Land evacuation site, with the participation of the UP Mindanao Execom.
For the Mindanao Week of Peace, the Center of Advancement of Research, development and engagement in Mindanao (CARIM) organized CARIM Talks and the “Peace of Art” poster-making contest on 2 December 2019. In CARIM Talks, TV journalist Ms. Manal Jingona Sugadol spoke on “Mobile journalism: Using the mobile phone to expose social issues,” followed by a discussion with journalists Zea Capistrano, Karlos Manlupig, Enrimand Dejeto, and instructor Julius Piala, The photo shows extension specialist Michael Gatela, CARIM director Emma Ruth Bayogan, and Ms. Sugadol with the winning “Peace of Art” posters and their creators.
The Tagbo Student Leadership Camp, a workshop for members of student organizations to be servant-leaders, was organized by the Office of Student Affairs and held on 25-26 November 2019. The student-participants expressed their intention to serve in the Pahinungod volunteer program.
At the UP Laak Land Reservation [Compostela Valley], the Land Reservation Office organized the On-site Training on Basic Plant Propagation Techniques, held on 28 November 2019 in Barangay Talle, for some 33 participants from the Dibabawon tribe and local migrants.
The 4th Dr. Nelson Natural Cup was concluded on 17 November 2019 with awarding ceremonies held at the Davao City-UP Sports Complex Football Field. The 2019 champion was Philippine College of Technology with Calinan FC, UP Men's Football Varsity, and Oi! Rogers FC as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd runners-up, respectively. Co-organizers UP Mindanao Siki ni Obli, awarded the certificates.
Knowledge Creation and Public Service
The 2019 Davao Writers Workshop was conducted by the Davao Writers Guild in partnership with UP Mindanao on 31 October-4 November 2019 in Davao City. Fifteen beginning writers from different parts of Mindanao completed the workshop, having been selected from more than 100 applicants. UP Mindanao faculty members Lualhati Abreu, John Bengan, Nathaniel Go, Jay Jomar Quintos, Lakan Umali, and Farah Virador served as panelists/lecturers.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences held Pag-aboll: Facets of Mindanao, 1st Mindanao Studies Interdisciplinary Research Conference on 7-8 November 2019 in Davao City. Research presentations and keynote talks were given from the disciplines of human kinetics, literature, communication, social sciences, commerce, and architecture.
Interactive Learning Center/Learning Resource Center organized the Module-Writing Workshop on 11-12 November with Dr. Rotacio Gravoso of Visayas State University as resource person.
The 9th International Conference on Agribusiness Economics and Management (ICAEM 2019) was organized by the School of Management on 13-15 November 2019 at the Waterfront Insular Hotel, Davao City. The event was organized with support from the Center for the Advancement of Research, development, and engagement in Mindanao (CARIM), UP Mindanao.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences held a public forum entitled The Enduring Legacies of Social Action in Mindanao: 1976 to 1986 on 27 November 2019 with anthropologist and UP Diliman chancellor Dr. Michael L. Tan who shared his recollections of working in the community-based health programs in Mindanao in the 1970s and about the upcoming universal health care law to be implemented in 2020.
A turn-over ceremony for a copy of the Encyclopedia of Philippine Art from UP Diliman to UP Mindanao was held on the same occasion. UP Mindanao faculty members who served as contributors or editors to the Encyclopedia were recognized: Asst. Prof. John Bengan, Lecturer Emmanuel Nabayra, Assoc. Prof. Jhoanna Lynn Cruz, and Asst. Prof. Jay Jomar Quintos.
A delegation of eight BA Communication and Media Arts (BACMA) students and faculty member Ms. Merle Dawn Comidoy-Acol joined the 4th Philippine College Radio Congress (PCRC) in UP Diliman on 26-28 November 2019.
UP Mindanao organized the Lectures of DOST Balik Scientist Awardee Dr. Benito O. de Lumen on 8, 11, 18, and 29 November 2019 in UP Mindanao, University of the Immaculate Conception, and Brokenshire College, all in Davao City.
Awards at the 24th Mindanao Convention and Scientific Meeting of the Philippine Society of Microbiology-Mindanao Chapter, 28-29 November 2019, General Santos City.
A paper by Cid Senoc and thesis adviser Dr. Noreen Fundador wins a first place award
A paper on bat Coronavirus by Nikki Vanesa Tampon and adviser Prof. Lyre Anni Murao wins Best Oral Presentation.
Zairel Crish Sarillana and adviser Dr. Fundador and Shaina Lou Palar (below) tied for Third Place (Poster Category)
Poster on bacteria from bats by Hinsdale Mae Gamolo and adviser Prof. Aleyla De Cadiz wins 2nd place in poster presentation
Promote access, collaboration, and internationalization
Chancellor Larry Digal and Pahinungód director Michael Gatela attended the Bangsamoro Education Code Consultation on 4-5 November 2019 in Davao City to explore avenues for collaboration with the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao.
The storybook “G'day, Mate: ACIAR Filipino Alumni Stories" published by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research was given a book-launch on 13 November 2019 at the ICAEM. UP Mindanao researchers who are featured in the book are Chancellor Larry Digal, Researcher Marilou Montiflor, Prof. Glory Dee Romo, and Sr. Lecturer Anne Shangrila Fuentes. The photo shows the featured alumni who attended the launch.
UP Mindanao hosted the board meeting of the Davao Colleges and Universities Network on 20 November where the psychosocial training-workshop for guidance counselors of member-schools was approved.
Welfare of constituents
Earthquake: Work and classes were declared suspended by Davao City mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio on 31 October until 4 November 2019 to allow inspection of buildings by engineers. The UP Mindanao inspection team declared the campus buildings as structurally sound.
"Break the Silence, End the Stigma: Let's Talk About Mental Health" lecture-forum was held on 11 November 2019 in UP Mindanao for about 200 students with a keynote by Davao City councilor and City Council Committee on Health chairperson Mary Joselle Villafuerte, MD (front row, fifth from right).
The Anti-Red Tape Committee organized the Seminar-Writeshop on Republic Act 11032, the “Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Government Service Delivery Act of 2018” on 25-26 November 2019. The consequent Citizen’s Charter produced from the write-shop were submitted to the UP System.
The Office of Gender and Anti-Sexual Harassment facilitated and did data collection for the UP System Gender Audit implemented by the UP Center for Women and Gender Studies; completed a survey that revealed a strong interest for the establishment of a child-minding facility to be paid for by parents, with a prospective location within the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS).
Chancellor Digal participated in two media events to promote the RAI: attended the press con “Wednesdays at Habi at Kape” on 6 November 2019; appeared in ABS-CBN program Maayong Buntag Mindanao on 20 November with UPMFI president Atty. Dinah Tolentino-Fuentes.
Paper and Poster Presentations
The following research papers/ posters were presented in various venues in November 2019:
“Consumer Preference for Credence Attributes of Fish and Fishery Products, Davao City, Philippines” by Castro, MMC, Pabuayon, IM, Catelo, SP, & Camacho, JDV was presented during the 57th Philippine Economic Society Conference on 7 November 2019 in Quezon City, Philippines. Prof. Castro received an award for “Best Paper”.
Research papers presented at Pag-aboll: Facets of Mindanao 1st Mindanao Studies Interdisciplinary Research Conference, 7-8 November 2019:
• “Assessing the physical fitness profile of first-year students,” by Ma. Stella R. Salazar
• “Pastoral retreat and return in the Ulahingan Sengedurug,” by Antonino S. de Veyra
• “Lugar Lang: Finding my place in Davao through the opinion column,” by Jhoanna Lynn B. Cruz
• “Effect of gamification [gaming] of education in service physical education,” by Albert Francis T. Ramos
• “Sports facilities management strategies of local government units and educational institutions in Davao Region,” by Miguel Rodriguez and Michelle Panis
• “Community-based risk communication management on flooding in urban areas,” by Karen Joyce G. Cayamanda
• “Night market as lived space: The case of Davao City,” by Raymundo R. Pavo
• “Form analysis of provincial government buildings in Mindanao,” by Nory P. Pernes
• “An inquiry into the trope of ‘engkanto’ in Shake, Rattle, and Roll films,” by Jay Jomar Quintos
• “False risk communication in the news coverage of the dengvaxia crisis,” by Juven Niño Villacastin
• “Framework on selection criteria for the seat of government of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao,” by Makmod Pasawilan
The following papers/posters were presented during the 9th International Conference on Agribusiness Economics and Management (ICAEM 2019):
1. “Factors Affecting the Logistical Costs of Cavendish Banana Farmers in the Philippines: Implications to Profitability” by Placencia, SGP, Astronomo, IJT, Loquias, MP, Digal, LN, Balgos, CQ, Orbeta, MLG, & Sarmiento, JMP.
2. “Assessing the Production and Marketing Systems of Smallholder Goat Value Chains in Davao Region, Philippines” by Ebarle-Bangcaya, EJN, Placencia, SGP, Alviola IV, PA, Sarmiento, JMP, & Manila, JP.
3. “Sustaining Support to Vegetable Farmers and Partnerships” by Montiflor, MO and Real, RR.
4. “Factors affecting the choice of credit source of Cavendish banana farmers in Davao del Norte, Philippines” by Loquias, MP, Astronomo, IJT, Placencia, SGP, Orbeta, MLG, Digal, LN, & Balgos, CQ.
5. “Credit Access and Technical Efficiency of Cavendish banana Growers in Santo Tomas, Davao del Norte, Southern Philippines” by Astronomo, IJT, Sarmiento, JMP, Loquias, MP, Placencia, SGP, Balgos, CQ, Orbeta, MLG, & Digal, LN.
6. “Technical Efficiency of Smallholder Backyard Goat Farming in Davao Region, Philippines” by Jonna Belle D. Hollite, Pedro A. Alviola IV, Exegesis Jedidiah E. Bangcaya, Jon Marx P. Sarmiento, & Lemuel O. Calatrava.
7. “Value Chain and Production Efficiency Analysis of Small-scale Seaweed Farming in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines” by Orbeta, MLG, Balgos, CQ, Codog, PEL, & Digal, LN.
8. “Consumer Behavior and Retail Outlet Choice for Seafood in Zamboanga City, Philippines” by Callanta, DSA, Romo, GDA, Sarmiento, JMP, & Alviola IV, PA.
9. “Microfinance on Rural Farming Community: Issues, Outcomes, and Lessons Learned from the Experiences of Smallholder Vegetable Farmers in Barangay Marilog, Davao City, Philippines” by Oracion, HR, Aguinaldo, RT, Shuck, VA, Concepcion, SB, & Rivero, GG.
10. “Consumer Awareness and Willingness to Pay for Good Agricultural Practices- Certified Vegetables in Davao City, Philippines” by Villaruel, HB, Shuck, VA, Aguinaldo, RT, Oracion, HR, Concepcion, SB.
11. “The Effects of Altitude on the Probability, Productivity, and Technical Efficiency of Cacao Farmers in Calinan and Marilog Districts, Davao City, Philippines” by Durano, FLA, Alviola IV, PA, Digal, LN, Oponda, NB, & Sarmiento, JMP.
12. “Climate Change Awareness and Adaptation Strategies of Banana, Pineapple, and Mango Farmers in Northern and Southern Mindanao: A Qualitative Approach” by Wahing, GD, Romo, GDA, & Sarmiento, JMP.
13. “Sociodemographic Drivers of Resource Conflicts in Davao Region, Philippines” by Wabina, VER, Alviola IV, PA, Romo, GDA, & Sarmiento, JMP.
14. “Food Safety Awareness of Fish and Fishery Product Consumers in Davao City, Philippines” by Castro, MMC, Pabuayon, IM, Catelo, SP, & Camacho, JDV.
15. “Productivity and Profitability of Soybean in Cateel, Davao Oriental, Southern Philippines” by Ligue, KJB, Alviola IV, PA, Romo, GDA, Acuña, TR, Bangcaya, EJNE, Laorden, NL, & Regulacion, AN.
16. “A Supply Chain Analysis of the Soybean Industry in the Davao Region: Implications for Government Development Entry Points” by Romo, GDA, Shuck, VA, Wahing, GD, Acuña, TR, & Laorden, NL.
17. “Willingness to Participate in Coastal Resource Management: The Case of Coastal Communities in the Municipality of Lupon, Davao Oriental, Philippines” by Warguez, KA, Gomez, ALV, Montiflor, MO, & Aguinaldo, RT.
18. “Assessing Willingness of Coastal Communities to Participate in Coastal Resource Management in Padada, Davao del Sur, Philippines” by Ecoben, DWD, Gomez, ALV, Aguinaldo, RT, & Montiflor, MO.
19. “Utilization of Flour from Off-grade Unripe Cavendish Banana in Noodles and Baked Products” by Alviola, JNA, Aala, IRP, Delos Santos, KJL, Jayson, GAJ, Mendoza, MB, & Digal, LN.
20. “Road to Sustainability: Challenges in Getting Small Banana Growers in the Philippines Fairtrade-Certified” by Orbeta, MLG, Digal, LN, Astronomo, IJT, and Balgos, CQ.
21. “Consumer Behavior and Retail Outlet Choice for Fresh Meat in Panabo City, Philippines” by Padios, PAB, Romo, GDA, Sarmiento, JMP, & Alviola IV, PA.
22. “An Optimization Model for Processed Food-grade Flour from Off-grade Cavendish Banana Supply Chain Network Design: The Case of AMS Employees’ Fresh Fruit Producers Cooperative” by Gamot, RMT, Fordan, YC, Mata, MAE, & Digal, LN.
23. “Optimization of Cavendish Banana Flour Production: Anti- Browning Treatments and Drying Temperature Method” by Alviola, JNA, Baronia, HRSQ, Macaraig, PBA, Mendoza, MB, & Digal, LN.
24. “Outcomes of Extension Activities in the Livelihoods of Smallholder Vegetable Farmers: The Case of Sabang Association of Farmer Entrepreneurs (SAFE) in Marilog, Davao City, Philippines” by Rivero, GG, Oracion, HO, Aguinaldo, RT, Shuck, VA, & Concepcion, SB.
25. “Building a Sustainable Innovation Platform: The Case of Samal Island Golden Mango Industry Council in the Philippines” by Aguinaldo, RT, & Concepcion, SB.
26. “Implications of Gender Attribution for the Cacao Value Chain of Davao City, Southern Philippines” by Lopez, MA, Paunlagi, MM, Digal, LN, & Baconguis, RT.
27. “Factors Affecting the Willingness of Farmers to Sell Directly to Selected Direct Market Channels: The Case of Smallholder Vegetable Farmers in Marilog, Davao City, Philippines” by Garcia, MKF, Shuck, VA, Digal, LN, & Aguinaldo, RT.
28. “Socioeconomic Drivers of Application of Nitrates as a Curing Agent in Skinless Longganisa Processed Meat Production Sold in Bankerohan Public Market in Davao City, Philippines” [poster] by Lorilla, AP, Guiral, LH, Matullano, KR, Sarmiento, JMP, Tagubase, JLJ, Alviola IV, PA, & Obsioma, VP.
29. “Potential value-added products from Cardava (Musa acuminata x balbisiana) banana peels for sustainable consumption,” MM Martinez, DDM Dacera, and RGE Villame.
30. “Yield and Quality of Screenhouse Grown Radish (Raphanus sativus cv Everest F1) Under Various Compost Amendments,” by CSS Millado, ARA Macapeges, RG Abad, ERV Bayogan.
31. “Calloid Induction Using Different Sugar Sources and Culture Vessels of Cheaper Coconut Micropropagation,” by CSS Millado, SG Angkang, AGD Delima, AU Novero.
32. “Utilization of Durian Seed Flour in the Production of Brownies,” GFA Josol, RGE Villame, JNA Alviola, and DMN Del Mundo.
33. “Impacts of violent conflicts on the agricultural village of Taliwasa, Maguindanao, southern Philippines,” by HP Lozada.
34. “A tale of four institutions experience on implementing the LIFE model to conflict-vulnerable areas in the Philippine context,” by ASY Fuentes.
Researches presented at the 1st International Research Conference on Healthcare Sciences. November 20-21, 2019. Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
• N. Cabungcag, JHG Tolentino, RAS Francisco, AE De Cadiz. “Partial Purification of Potential Anti – Lung Cancer Compound from Bignoniaceae Plant Leaf.” [First Place Winner]
• PMND Estudillo, JHG Tolentino. “Antioxidant and Anti-Lung Cancer Properties Of Artocarpus Altilis (Breadfruit) And Artocarpus Odoratissimus (Marang) Fruit Wastes.” 1st International Research Conference on Healthcare Sciences. November 20-21, 2019. Tagum City DDN. [Third Place Winner]
• EEKG Buenaventura, JHG. Tolentino, AE De Cadiz. “Partial Purification of Potential Anti Lung Cancer Compound from a Malvaceae Plant Leaf Extract.”
Researches presented at the 24th Mindanao Convention and Scientific Meeting of the Philippine Society of Microbiology-Mindanao Chapter on 28-29 November 2019 at Sarangani Highlands Garden, General Santos City.• CM Senoc and NGV Fundador. “Potential of Starch-Based Films Containing Carvacrol For Controlling the Growth Of Escherichia Coli In Cheese.” [First Place- Poster Category]• SL Palar, RGE Villame, AE de Cadiz and DMN Del Mundo. “Microbiological Quality of Canarium labiatum from the Community Fish Landing Area in Bgy Catagman, Samal Island, Davao del Norte.” [Third Place- Poster Category].• ZC Sarillana, NGV Fundador and EOV Fundador. “Green Synthesis of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles Using Cacao (Theobroma cacao L.) Pod Husk Extract and Evaluation of their Antibacterial Activities.” [Third Place Poster Category].• HMB Gamolo, LAE Murao, MJMM Achondo, AE De Cadiz. “Identification of Gastrointestinal Bacteria from Bats in Malagos, Davao City.” 2nd Place Poster Presentation.• NV Tampon, LAE Murao, "First Molecular Evidence of Bat BetaCoronavirus in Mindanao," Best Oral (1st place) Presentation.Faculty members with significant roles in conferences:• JI Rubrico. Plenary Speaker, 5th Balik-Scientist Program Convention. 22 November 2019. Pasay City. Presentation Title: “Helping the Nation survive and thrive by breathing - AIR”.• NGV Fundador. Plenary Speaker- Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using plant extracts and evaluation of their antimicrobial properties. 24th Mindanao Convention and Scientific Meeting of the Philippine Society of Microbiology-Mindanao Chapter, 28-29 November 2019, General Santos City.• AE De Cadiz. Chair, Working Committee. PSM Mindanao Seminar Workshop on Biosafety, 27 November 2019. Regional Science Research Center, Mindanao State University – General Santos City.Publications• L Leonardo, L Hernandez, TC Magturo, W. Palasi, JM Rubite, AE De Cadiz, K Moendeg, R Fornillos, IK Tabios, M Mistica, IK Fontanilla. Current Status of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) in the Philippines. Acta Tropica. 28 November 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actatropica.2019.105284.
UP Mindanao was mentioned in the following news articles:
• The storytellers innovate - Mindanao Times, 9 December 2019 http://bit.ly/2riJjaX • Mindanawon writer among S.E.A.Write awardees for 2018 | MindaNews, 9 December 2019 http://bit.ly/353yKXF • ACIAR and PCAARRD push for area-wide management of mango fruit fly, www.pcaarrd.dost.gov.ph, 5 December 2019 http://bit.ly/2Pjj8Zq • PressReader - Sun.Star Davao: 2019-11-27 - 1st genomics facility in Mindanao takes off, Sun Star Davao, 2 December 2019 http://bit.ly/2YcInRd • Missing link in health care, Inquirer Opinion, by Michael L. Tan, 2 December 2019 http://bit.ly/2RdDgie • Anatomy of a track facility, Edge Davao, 28 November 2019, http://bit.ly/2QYEf5Y • UP Min: Sports complex IAAF compliant, 27 November 2019, http://bit.ly/2Oplnvh • Field of failure? Edge Davao, 26 November 2019, http://bit.ly/2XMx16b • Response to the Article "Field of failure?" 26 November 2019 www.upmin.edu.ph http://bit.ly/2OlVZqb • First of its kind genomics facility in Mindanao formally takes off, Mindanao Daily Mirror 26 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2QUb97B • It’s a Blue Christmas @ Park Inn-Davao, Mindanao Times, 19 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2OnIx3H • Int’l biodiversity confab kicks off in Mati City, Edge Davao, 17 November 2019 http://bit.ly/35aHE5y • PressReader - Sun.Star Davao: 2019-11-08 - UPMin’s P12-B expansion program, 9 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2NSOXaN • UP Mindanao needs P12.1-B to fund 5-year dev't plans, Tabloid Philippines, 8 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2oXiBDo • UPMin needs P12-B for proposed programs, Mindanao Times, 8 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2PZdtd0 • UP Mindanao to propose P12B budget for manpower, program expansion, BusinessWorld Online, 8 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2qBBdJq • Philippines Morning News for November 7, 2019, AEC News Today, http://bit.ly/34DPfcl • Culture of volunteerism, SunStar Davao, 7 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2NQS3Mv • CR7, RMC Solido post 2nd wins, lead 16th Acosta Cup, SunStar Davao, 7 November 2019 http://bit.ly/36LdMxU • UPMin wants P12.1B additional budget for infra, MindaNews, 6 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2NIHWt6 • 31 rank Best Philippine Schools to Become a Chemical Technician for 2019, www.localpulse.net, 5 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2PTsm0F • Dabawenya survives 4°C, wins gold in New York, SunstarDavao, 5 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2qhs3BT • PressReader - Sun.Star Davao: Agribiz, Mindanao Studies Conferences in UPMin, 2 November 2019 http://bit.ly/2JJH9H9
UPMIN social media accounts (partial list, continued)