Forums

Scholarship Fair, 2023

Written by Rene Estremera. Posted in Forums

IMG 1660resiz25 
 Asst. Prof. Kim Dianne Ligue (left) and Chancellor Lyre Anni Murao cut the ribbon to open the Scholarship Fair
IMG 1685resize25
 Asst. Prof. Ligue receives her certificate of appreciation from OSA director Maria Stella Salazar. (right) 

The Office of Student Affairs opened its Scholarship Fair for students on February 22, 2023. Chancellor Lyre Anni Murao and Asst. Prof. Kim Dianne Ligue cut the ribbon to open the Fair. Chancellor Murao invited the students to read up and avail of the scholarship programs available. She said the benefits of scholarships will relieve part of the student's burden of making ends meet. "You know very well the challenges of being a student. There are many students who are having difficulty and we want them to continue studying. The university is continuing to find ways and opportunities to help students meet their daily needs and so be able to focus on their studies," she said.        

Asst. Prof. Ligue, a UPMin alumna and current faculty member of the Department of Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science, was the guest speaker. "When I entered UP Mindanao," she said, "it became soon evident that I needed assistance to continue my education.I hunted for scholarships, almost literally, to save my life."

She related her challenges in applying for and acquiring scholarships from the CHED, Oplan Kaalam, and the DOST until she completed her studies and graduated.

"I felt privileged in the way I had acquired my education. So personally, I did take it to the extreme a little bit and declared to myself that I will spend the rest of my life contributing back to our country using the education I acquired from all these scholarships," she said.

"I am sure you will be awarded the scholarships that you apply for. And when you do, I hope that every once in a while, like when you’re in the shower or on a long jeepney ride, you would try to imagine the ways that you can express your gratitude by contributing to our country," she said.

Student Affairs Director Ma. Stella Salazar said the Fair also introduces the Adopt-a-Scholar program and the Bahay Kubo student kitchen. "We also seek donors for the Adopt-a-Student program to provide meals, housing, and transportation allowances," she said. "The Bahay Kubo project will create a kitchen and a vegetable garden for the students' sustainable food source," she said.  

Lock full review www.8betting.co.uk 888 Bookmaker