The "Page 2 of 2" of the above bulletins contains the following information, "Deadline of application is June 7, 2021" for both SRS1, and "Training certificates" in the bulletin for SRS1 Mechanical. The entirety of Page 2 has not been included for space considerations.
College of Science and Mathematics
The Department of Food Science and Chemistry (DFSC) at the University of the Philippines Mindanao, Davao City, invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the area of Food Chemistry. We seek to fill an Associate Professor/ Professor level position, but final rank and salary will be commensurate to qualifications and experience.
1. PhD in Food Science and Technology or related field with a specialization in Food Chemistry
2. Demonstrated ability to conduct research in the area of specialization; with a publication record
3. Teaching experience
4. Demonstrated evidence of community service
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
a. Handle at least 6 units of undergraduate and/or graduate courses per semester
b. Adapt to a blend of online and on-campus mode of learning
c. Mentor thesis students
d. Contribute to the improvement of the BS Food Technology (BSFT) and MS Food Science (MSFS) courses and curricula
a. Submit project proposals for in-house or external funding
b. Conduct research projects; promote collaborative projects
c. Mentor project staff and junior faculty
d. Disseminate research output through publications and presentations in conferences
a. Participate in department, college, and university committees and other activities
b. Be a resource speaker on area of expertise where/when needed
c. Propose and participate in extension activities
Application and Evaluation Process:
1. Prepare the following documents
a. Application letter – should address qualifications for listed responsibilities; address this to Dr. Juma Novie Alviola, DFSC Chair
b. Detailed and updated CV
c. Transcript of records
d. Research and teaching statement – a summary of interests, philosophy, experiences, achievements
e. List of references and respective contact information
2. Submit/Email the above documents as PDF file/s to . You may also direct your questions through this email address.
3. Deadline of application: 1 June 2021 <EXTENDED TO 15 JUNE 2021>
4. All applicants who pass the initial screening will be asked to do a teaching demo and will be interviewed. This will be done online with the DFSC faculty members.
5. All applicants will be sent a decision of their application once the evaluation process is completed.
6. The target start date is 1 August 2021.